It’s important to explain why addressing heavy metals is so important if you are trying to achieve better overall health and wellness. Heavy metal toxicity is an accumulation of heavy metals in the body that can contribute to many chronic degenerative conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, multiple sclerosis, and osteoporosis. Heavy metals can also cause vague symptoms such as chronic pain, chronic fatigue, brain fog, depression, headaches, dizziness, and neurological symptoms like numbness, tingling, burning, or paralysis. Heavy metal toxicity often goes undetected or misdiagnosed because it’s mostly invisible and nobody wants to take the responsibility for our environment becoming such a dangerous place to live in. Certainly, the dental association doesn’t want to admit the damage mercury fillings have caused over the years. Many dentists like to boast that they are now “mercury-free” but will still not admit how damaging the mercury was in the first place.
The Six Biggest Disruptive Effects of Heavy Metals
This information was taken from https://advancednaturopathic.com/six-disruptive-effects-of-heavy-metals/
- Heavy metals have an affinity for the nervous system, therefore can cause many neurological dysfunctions.
- The kidneys work to detoxify heavy metals, which leaves the kidneys more susceptible to toxic metal-induced damage.
- Heavy metals cause inflammation in the body, which over time damages tissues.
- Heavy metals cause immune dysfunction which can lead to chronic infections and autoimmune diseases.
- Heavy metals are hormone disruptors that can contribute to hormonal imbalances, fertility issues, and hypothyroidism.
- Heavy metals can displace essential minerals which can contribute to the development of osteoporosis.
Here is a great 6-minute video that goes really paints a good overall picture of this heavy metal toxicity problem.
What Is It That Exposes Us to Heavy Metals?
It would be nice to think that exposure to heavy metals only comes from working in factories or doing unusually dangerous things, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Heavy metal exposure is everywhere we turn. Heavy metals are commonly found in:
- household cleaners
- personal care products
- dry cleaning chemicals
- dental fillings
As you can see, especially in the last three items listed, it is impossible to escape the never-ending toxic barrage we are experiencing. Even a health-conscious person that goes the extra mile to buy organic foods and products is still coming into contact with heavy metals every day. Our best defense is certainly being mindful of our exposure and buying the best quality products that fit our budget. But in addition, it is crucially important to take steps to detox our systems on a regular basis.
In my next post, I will continue my personal story of the steps I took to address removing the heavy metals from my body and share with you a product that I have settled on as the best and easiest all-purpose detox supplement. Please stay tuned.